If you’re an aspiring online entrepreneur and are doing your research, you’ve seen many ‘gurus’ preaching: provide value. Value means different things to different people.
The definition of Value (as a noun) according to Miriam Webster is:
‘Usefulness or importance’
- No one can deny the value of a good education.
- The broccoli adds color and nutritional value to the dish.
- The program’s educational value was questioned.
- a document of great historical value
- A lot of teenagers place a high value on being popular.
How are some of the ways you can provide value? Let’s think about value in the context of your target audience and niche:
One of current the top niches (and will continue to be) is Health and Wellness. Let’s think about what people value in this niche.
- Provide free tips on how to lose weight
- Break it down further by target audience: Women, Men, childhood obesity, teens
- How to tone and build muscle
- Provide free easy to follow workout regimens for busy people
- Nutritional information and recipes
- Highlight tools and equipment people can use to reach their fitness goals
- Stress and Anxiety management
- We live in a society that values hard work, which, comes at a cost to your mental health. We’re bombarded constantly with emails, social media, phone calls, texts. Provide tips on how to manage this to improve mental health and well-being.
- Nutritional advice on stress management
Another top niche is Make Money Online
- Provide guides on how to start an online business
- Affiliate marketing, publishing e-books, e-courses, arbitrage, flipping items, etc.
- Show investment strategies that are simple to follow and have proven long term success
- Warren Buffet Strategy of investing 90% of your money into the S&P 500 (ETF funds) and 10% in high quality treasury bonds
- Motivate your readers or followers to take the next step
- Motivational posts on instagram and facebook
- Share stories of real life success stories
- Introduce books that are relevant to starting businesses or taking your business to the next level
- Real estate investing is always popular and a proven avenue to build long term wealth
- Discuss different real estate strategies
- Note investing
- Discuss different real estate strategies
- Educate on the different types of income streams that can help people achieve financial freedom
- Earned income from a job
- Profit Income from buying and selling
- Interest Income from lending money
- Dividend Income from stock payouts
- Rental income
- Capital gains come from assets that appreciate in value
- Royalties: Income from others using your work
These are examples of providing value in some popular niches but yours may be different. How do you figure out what your target audience wants to see more of? Do some market research.
Check out online forums that focus on your niche and see what questions come up. If people are asking questions about something, it’s something that is on people’s minds. Identify common themes and tailor your content to answer those questions. This is creating value.
Another great way to find out what type of content would be valuable in your niche is to read the comments on you tube videos, instagram, and facebook posts.
Plan your content based on what you find out your target audience values.
Create compelling content. We are inundated with information from every angle. Your content must be good, and unique to stand out. Be authentic because people can smell bullshit from a mile away. It’s okay to be vulnerable because it makes you real and allows people to connect with you on a human level.
Make sure you you work on SEO and use targeted hashtags to give your content a chance to reach the right audience.
If providing value will help you achieve success and notoriety:
- Identify what the target audience in your niche wants to learn more about
- Plan your content based on your market research (read online forums, instagram/youtube comments)
- Produce compelling content – In this day and age, it’s a pre-requisite to have high quality content. It’s not good enough just to get it out. Get help on sites like Fiverr and Upwork for freelancers that can help you provide polished content.
- Get your content to the right people through SEO and posting at optimal times
- Rinse and repeat